In a well attended meeting of Forum of Abia State Political Office Holders; 1999 – 2007, held at Umuahia today; Monday 8th September, 2014, the Forum after exhaustive deliberations on developments in Abia State in relation to the false publications serialised by the Sun Newspapers at the instance of Chief Orji Uzor Kalu and his cohorts came up with the following resolutions:
1. The Forum hereby observes with dismay and strongly condemns the dubious attempt by the former governor of Abia State, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu to mislead unsuspecting Nigerians and the public by a revisionist scheme aimed at turning the truth upside down through publication of falsehood for selfish reasons.
2. The false publications appearing in various sponsored articles especially on the pages of Orji Uzor Kalu’s Sun Newspaper is an unveiled affront on the sensibilities, integrity and collective psyche of peace loving Abians who today are enjoying an unprecendented era of good leadership since the exit of Orji Uzor Kalu.
3. We condemn, reject and abhor in its entirety the desire of Orji Uzor Kalu to disparage the achievements of Governor T. A. Orji out of malice, envy, wicknedness and bitterness.
4. As living witnesses and public officials who together with our present Governor served our State during the inglorious reign of terror under Orji Uzor Kalu, we hate to be insulted and reminded of the despoliation of our common patrimony that took place between 1999 and 2007 under Orji Uzor Kalu.
5. That the Forum feels satisfied with the level of security, unity and peace that currently pervade Abia State under the Leadership of Governor T. A. Orji, unlike what the situation was between 1999 and 2007.
6. That the Forum is impressed with the advances made by the Government of Sir T. A. Orji in the Health Sector of the State Administration, which is a sharp contrast to the era of 1999-2007.
7. That the Forum applauds the Administration of Governor T. A. Orji for the various infrastructural programmes that have transformed the State Capital, Umuahia which hitherto was merely a glorified village, to physically wearing the status of a state capital.
8. That the Forum commends the Government of Sir T. A. Orji for its commitment to Agricultural revolution in the State, which among other things, manifested itself in the establishment of Abia Liberation Farms and the disbursement of One Billion Naira to farmers in the State; a feat that is unprecedented in the State
9. That the Forum gives kudos to the Government of Sir T. A. Orji for its unparallel determination to address youth empowerment, restiveness and crime via various youth empowerment packages which, among other things, have seen thousands of Abia youths, for the first time in the State, smile home with cars, buses and even cash.
10. That the Forum acknowledges the responsiveness of the Administration of Sir T. A. Orji in establishing the Abia State Oil Producing Area Development Commission in response to the plight of the people of Oil Producing Communities of the State who the previous administration refused to grant their request for such establishment.
11. That the Forum is highly excited with the administration of Governor T. A. Orji for relocating Abia State to Nigeria’s Mainstream politics quite unlike what it was between 1999 and 2007 when the State was declared a pariah state due to unwarranted antagonism and confrontationist approach of the state government.
12. That the Forum appreciates the cordial bilateral relationship that has existed between the Executive and Legislative Arm of Government since 2007 till date, which has ensured peace and development of the state unlike the belligerent posture of the Executive Arm between 1999 and 2007 which left the state in chaos and total disaster.
13. That the Forum is happy that, unlike what was the practice between 1999 and 2007, no political appointee or any person in the state has been taken to any juju shrine for a fetish oath-taking by the present administration in the State.
14. That the Forum commends the Peoples Democratic Party and Governor T. A. Orji for their wisdom in insisting that, in adherence to equity and fairness, the next Governor of God’s Own State should be of Abia-South extraction and
15. That the Forum of Abia Political Office Holders; 1999-2007, do commend the good people of Abia State for their support to Governor T. A. Orji (Ochendo Global)’s administration and their resolve not to be distracted by the antics of the immediate past governor of the State; Chief Orji Uzor Kalu, whose administration was characterised by deceit and only succeeded in pauperising Abians and leaving them politically and psychologically devastated.
This communiqué is dated today 8th September, 2014 and signed by the following:
S/N Name Post Held & Period L.G.A. of Origin Signature
1 Chief Dr Eze Chikamnayo Hon. Commissioner Umunneochi
2 Chief Sir Don Ubani Special Adviser Ukwa West
3 Dr ACB Agbazuere Hon Commissioner Isiala Ngwa South
4 Hon Chief Seth N. Agomuo Deputy Chairman (elected) Obingwa
5 Elder Chibuike Nwokeukwu Hon Commissioner Isiala Ngwa North
6 Aguwamba Peter ASOPADEC Ugwunagbo
7 Hon Engr George N. Kalu Hon Commissioner Ohafia
8 Hon Sir Ferguson Okoro Ex-Chairman Ukwa East
9 Barr Ifeanyi Iboko Special Adviser Bende
10 Prince Enyinna Ubani Hon Commissioner Osisioma
11 Chief Sir Felix Ebere Executive Chairman Ukwa West
12 Hon Chief Mrs Chichi Okoroafor First Women Leader Arochukwu
13 Hon Chief Dr Nkem Okoro Executive Chairman Arochukwu
14 Elder Kalu Eke Kalu Executive Chairman Arochukwu
15 Dr Joseph Adiele Executive Chairman Ukwa East
16 Rt Hon Emeka Stanley Ukwa West
17 Chief Hon Fabian Nwankwo Hon Commissioner Umunneochi
18 Chief Isaac A Ogbonna (JP) Special Adviser Obingwa
19 Hon Matthew Ibeh Member, ABSHA Umunneochi
20 Hon. Prince K. O. Mgbeahuru Member, ABSHA Osisioma