The ongoing looting and bleeding of Delta State Polytechnic Oghara, treasury is not likely to end soon, as the criminally minded governing council members continue their looting unabated.
Investigations show that, in April, the sum of thirty three million Naira was approved for the purchase of generators, for 10members of the council, which is to be used in their private residence, at the cost of N3.3million each.
A rundown of the distribution of cheques and payment are as follows:
1. Dr.(Mrs) Clara Sogbaike -Rector Payment Voucher(PV) number 21770. Cash approved by Governing Council is N3.3M Mr. Joseph Nana-Deputy Rector.
2. Mr. Joseph Nana- Deputy Rector. PV number 21771 . cash approved by Governing Council is N3.3M
3.Mr. Benson Omonode- Registrar. PV number 21772. Cash approved by Governing Council is N3.3M
4. Mr. Napoleon Akpubi- Bursar. PV number 21773. Cash approved by Governing Council is N3.3M
5. Mr. Stephen Clarke- Chief Librarian. PV number 21774. Cash approved by Governing Council is N3.3M
6. Mr Stanley Sagboje- Immediate Past Bursar who left office since 2014. PV number 21775. Cash approved by Governing Council is N3.3M
The Governing Council Chairman and the three members also approved N3.3M each for themselves to purchase personal generators.
As at the time of this report, all of the members have been paid their monies through cheques.
The cheques were cashed from 15 different bank accounts including Zenith bank Ecobank, First bank, UBA, Union bank.
The Governing Council Chairman during a Council meeting held recently in School said, “I have no other farm except Delta State Poly Oghara and i must cultivate it very well.”