University graduates leave their homes to another state to serve their father land, with promises of the state taking care of them and paying a certain allowance to help in feeding and miscellaneous expenses
Secret Reporters can authoritatively report that Delta State Government officials have not been paying the allowance budgeted for serving Corp members in the state by the government. The state is expected to pay each serving member 5000 Naira monthly and which of course, they were not getting as they were promised of getting the money at the end of their serving year, which is a total sum of 60,000 Naira per Corp member for the twelve months they serve.
Some of the Corp members that recently passed out reached out to our newsroom crying, because they didn’t get the money promised and allocated to them and which they intended to start little business with.
Secret Reporters discovered that the dubious looters called government officials removed the Corp members’ passports, changed their bank account details and channeled the N60,000 of every Corp member to their account. This fraud is allegedly committed by the SA on ICT Governor Ifeanyi Okowa. The Secretary to the State Government, Mr Festus Agas is unaware of this fraud taking place under his noise as Board Chairman of the State NYSC, stated a government source.
Every state in Nigeria has over 2000 serving Corp members per stream, making it a total sum of N120,000,000 (one hundred and twenty million Naira) from each stream of Corpers.
The money looted by these State officials for over five years allegedly runs into N230 million, with no end in sight.
Following a war of words between the erstwhile Commissioner for Information in Akwa Ibom state, Mr Aniekan Umanah and a member of his immediate constituency; the former information boss has inexplicably made startling revelations concerning issues, programs and activities going on in the constituency.
In an apparent reply to allegations made against him by one Kokoette Udom, the House of Representatives hopeful revealed a lot of things he’s reportedly done for Mr Kokoette which includes paying for his tuition and also maneuvering the system to enable Mr Kokoette get paid 100,000 bursary granted by HE Senator Godswill Akpabio for students in the area. This admission by Mr Umanah brings into question the credibility and fairness of the bursary scheme.
Going by Mr Umanah’s admission, he was aided by one Hon. Ibokette and the Senator’s aide, Mr Anietie Ekong to get Mr Kokoette paid, in an instance where he wasn’t qualified to benefit from the bursary. One can only assume there are gross irregularities in the selection of beneficiaries for the bursary scheme and only those who have friends in high and mighty places can benefit from a scheme sponsored with government funds by the Senator.
In another admission by Mr Umanah, he illegally included Mr Kokoette’s mum as a PDP delegate in the 2015 elections to enable her secure funds to fend for her son. Going by the history of party primaries in the state, there have been allegations of favouritism by political leaders in the choice of delegates and these delegates in a bid to return the favour certainly do the bidding of whoever included his/her name on the list and at the same time, deny the masses of effective representation.
Mr Umanah,who made these claims through a social media post on his personal Facebook handle,is definitely a key player in the subjugation of ineffective leadership on people of the state, his critics told this medium.
All efforts to reach him for comments proved abortive as his lines were unavailable before press time.
It appears that public offices in Nigeria are seen as opportunities to enrich one’s pocket and strip the state bare, while private coffers of the selected few leading are bursting full.
Governor Ibikunle Amosun’s administration in Ogun State has been one the most corrupt ever in the history of the state our sources within the state corridors of power alleged. The administration has allegedly inflated the money used in the execution of key projects in the state, and twisted the figures to the advantage of Amosun who is the umpire here.
A list of projects allegedly inflated by Amosun was sent to Secret Reporters. Almost all of them according to sources in Ogun State has gone through immense inflation- the monetary figures input higher than normal, all in a bid to deceive the people. He recently deceived the people and Nigeria with fake pyramids of rice which was busted by or sources in the state and exclusively published by Secret Reporters.
The projects, the sum of money involved and their contractors are as follows:
- Project: Sagamu/Benin Express Junction/ObaErinwole Road Contractor: P.W Nigeria Limited Contract Sum: N8,046,000,000.00
- Project: Ilara/Ijohun/Ilase Road Contractor: P.W Nigeria Limited Contract Sum: N13,500,000,000.00
- Project: Ejirin-Oluwalogbon Junction Contractor: P.W Nigeria Limited Contract Sum: N6,698,490,827.58
- Project: Ilo Awela Road Contractor: CCECC Contract Sum: N4,946,069,512.58
- Project: OGTV brewery Junction Road Contractor: CCECC Contract Sum: N13,886,000,000.00
- Project: Lafenwa Aiyetoro Road Contractor: CCECC Contract Sum: N6,500,000,000.00
- Project: Ojere-Adatan Roundabout Contractor: CCECC Contract Sum: N7,832,704,250.00
- Project: Ikangba/Ilese Road Contractor: P.W Nigeria Limited Contract Sum: N12,000,000,000.00
- Project: Abeokuta-Sagamu Road Contractor: CCECC Contract Sum: N60,000,000,000.00
- Project: Mowe-Ofada-Ibafo Road Contractor: CCECC Contract Sum: N13,250,000,000.00
- Project: Sango/Ijoko/Ojodu-Abiodun Road Contractor: CCECC Contract Sum: N34,982,553,167.40
- Project: Moshood Abiola Way Contractor: Hi-Tech Contract Sum: N5,950,000,000.00
- Project: Papa/Ilaro RoadContractor: Hi-Tech/CCECC Contract Sum: N12,852,560,509.49
- Project: Ilishan/Ago-Iwoye Road Contractor: Borini Prono Contract Sum:N7,321,970,000.00
- Project: Magboro Under Pass Road Contractor: First August Contract Sum: N3,321,970,000.00 -Project: Moshood Abiola Way/Muda Lawal Stadium Road Contractor: First August Contract Sum: N686,482,500.00
- Project: Ijebu Igbo Township Road Contractor: Borini Prono Contract Sum: N7,900,000,000.00
- Project: Fly Over-Bridge @ Lagos Garage Contractor: Kepxing Contract Sum:N1,389,655,120.00
- Project: Fly-Over Bridge @ Mobalufon Contractor: Kepxing Contract Sum: N1,389,655,120.00
- Project: Bridge Over Yakoyo River Contractor: Kepxing Contract Sum:N3,164,447,582.10
- Project: Bridge Over Abule Ekun River Contractor: Veapo Contract Sum: N3,863,640,028.50
- Project: Moriamo Olorombo Road Contractor: SKTOBS Contract Amount: N146,000,000.00 Amount Paid: N20,000,000.00 Outstanding Balance: N126,000,000.00
- Project: Somorin/Ajebo RoadContractor: Zebra Gold Contract Amount: N3,610,550,000.00
Total Sum of Contract awarded – N233,762,706,542.35
Around 40% of this figure has been received as kickbacks from contractors by Amosun himself through his commissioner for Works. Of all the projects listed, 95% of them are yet to be completed due to “paucity of funds”, a source stated.